ELICA APPLIANCES WARRANTY POLICY
In line with TOTAI’s enviable reputation of being a leading Gas Appliance and Equipment distribution business, we have a well-structured Customer Service Division to offer our customers and consumers a more efficient, fast, and pleasant after sales service experience.
Our ELICA range of products holds a limited Warranty as detailed below-
ELICA APPLIANCES– LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
- Your sole and exclusive remedy under this limited warranty shall be appliance repair, as provided herein and in the detailed warranty booklet provided with your appliance.
- All ELICA appliances are warranted for a period of TWO (2) years from the date of original purchase provided the appliance is installed, operated, and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance.
- Proof of Purchase (POP) as well as a Certificate of Compliance (COC), where applicable, by a certified gas installer is required for the warrantee to take effect.
- At its sole discretion, ELICA SA will replace the appliance with the same or similar replacement appliance and the warranty will be for the remaining term of the original unit’s warranty period.
What is covered?
- The Warrantee by ELICA SA will cover the cost of factory specified replacement parts and repair labor to correct defects in material or workmanship of the appliance
- Service will be provided at your residence or if necessary, at the distribution Head Office in Pretoria, Gauteng
- This limited warranty is valid in South Africa only and applies only when the appliance is used in the country of purchase
What is not covered?
- Incorrect and improper installation, misuse, abuse, cosmetic damage (including scratches, dents, chips), discoloration, rust or oxidation of surfaces resulting from caustic or corrosive environmental factors are not covered under the warranty
- Consumable parts (light bulbs, ignitors, safety devises, regulators, etc.)
- Perishables or medical loss due to appliance failure
- Service or parts for appliances with original models/serial numbers removed or altered
- Unauthorized service, alteration or modification of the appliance
- Removal or reinstallation of inaccessible appliances or built-in fixtures that interfere with servicing, removal, or replacement of the appliance.
- Use of abrasive cleaning materials can damage the surface and functionality of our products and may void the warranty. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the instructions in the user manual for proper cleaning and maintenance of our products.
- Power surges are unpredictable events that can damage any electrical device, regardless of the quality or condition of the product. Our warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship that occur under normal use and care.
Please review the instruction manual included with your appliance before contacting us for service as this will assist in answering some of your questions on appliance use and operation.
Download full warranty document here